My class and I went to Islandwood a school in the woods. Islandwood is located on Bainbridge island, about 15 minutes from the ferry. At Islandwood we stayed at a lodge called Birds Nest. Every day we would leave our lodge at 7:20 and go to the Dining Hall for breakfast. After breakfast our class would go to Daven in a different room. After davening we would join 4 other schools in a place called Friendship circle, where we would wait until they were finished with davening and then we would go into our field groups my group was called Pond. There were many other field groups. In your field groups there would be one instructor, about 8 kids and one chaperone. Then you would spend the rest of the day until 4:30 with your field group playing games taking hikes and doing different activities.
My favorite activity was going to Blakely harbor. At the harbor you could see the place where there was a mill. The mill had people coming from all over the world to come to cut the trees and float them down the harbor.
Have you ever gone to Islandwood? If you have not went do you want to go?
Dear Josh,
ReplyDeleteI didn't have a favorite part because I loved everything. For example, the Canopy Tower, Blakely harbor, Football, the garden, our lodges the food, hiking, solo hiking, bridges, our games that we played and everything that I didn't mention I still really enjoyed it.
Sincerely Jakey.
Dear Josh,
ReplyDeleteJust like Jakey said I liked everything at Islanwood. I liked the Hrbor because we got to see crabs and do other things there that were fun.
Sincerely,
Binyamin